Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Still Checking on the Solitary Sandpiper

Back to the Solitary Sandpiper. As I drove up to the spot I noticed the Tri-colored Heron I posted about a few days ago. This time, instead of hunting it was preening on the banks.

Tri-colored Heron

Soon, I relocated the Sandpiper off to my right.

Solitary Sandpiper

Maybe it is getting used to me a bit. It did let me move a little closer today but still kept a careful gaze in my direction. I love that white eye ring.

Solitary Sandpiper

A few more shots and then I would take my leave. Glad this bird has decided to stay. Must be something good to eat in that mud.

Solitary Sandpiper

Back to the left, the heron settled down on the grass to rest. It even let me head down the hill to get some really close shots.

Tri-colored Heron

Might have to use that for a desktop calendar for next month.

No comments: