Thursday, April 25, 2013

Great-Crested Flycatcher Calling

I am always glad to get shots of birds during lunch breaks. It was a gorgeous day out and I had to reset my brain for the next project so I walked across the street in hopes of finding some migrants. Not too much going on but I did spot a Great-Crested Flycatcher swooping into the branches of a small tree so I headed over for a closer look.

It was calling away and flew out into the open for a few seconds belting out its familiar "WHEEP!" as I snapped away.

Great-Crested Flycatcher

It quickly headed to another tree across the wall of the community next door but I could hear it as it continued to call for several minutes. Despite no other birds, my brain was rejuvenated enough to carry out the rest of my tasks for the day.

No comments: