Friday, April 19, 2013

Clearing Brush

TIme for another lunchtime walk in the woods. I also wanted to trim back some vegetation that has grown into my path I made last year. Not very birdy this afternoon. Only a few Northern Cardinals. This female seems to have a bit of a mite problem on her back.

Northern Cardinal

I know I have taken photos of this species before but I cannot nail down this purple flower. Pretty, though.

Purple Flower

I was removing some palmetto fronds along the path when something suddenly jumped at me. It missed but hit a frond I was holding. I placed the Cuban Tree Frog on another frond so I could get a shot. I like it.

Cuban Treefrog

Most folks, however, would rather I kill it. They are an invasive species. Killing frogs was just not on my list today.

No comments: