Friday, April 12, 2013

Adult Barred Owl Poses

You know they are there without looking. Jays start screaming. Others join in. I went out back and one of the adult Barred Owls was sitting right near the deck.

Barred Owl

One of the annoyed, a Tufted Titmouse, dared to get a bit closer but the owl was looking for something else and ignored the mob as usual.

Tufted Titmouse

I stepped down off the deck to try to get another angle on the owl and another bird swooped in from my right. A Red-bellied Woodpecker was heading to the peanut station.

Red-bellied Woodpecker

It leapt upon the feeder and stared at me for a few seconds before deciding I was no threat.

Red-bellied Woodpecker

Finally getting a piece of peanut in its bill, it paused and then took off into the trees. I think there are baby Red-bellies here or soon. The woodpeckers are really coming down to eat.

Red-bellied Woodpecker

I got a few more shots of the Barred Owl before heading back inside for dinner.

Barred Owl

Still keeping an eye out for the owlets but they are not in view this evening.

No comments: