Monday, May 07, 2012

Daily Spin Around Lancaster

Just winding my may around the lake today. Got there just in time to watch one of the juvenile Great-blue Herons zoom in for a landing. With I had my exposure set quicker but time was ticking.

Great-blue Heron

A female Mallard watched the landing as well.

Mallard

Of to the left, a few Wood Storks wandered around wondering where all the water was going.

Wood Stork

A quick flash bolted out of the reeds. A male Common Yellowthroat zipped into the Cedars and refused to come back out.

Common Yellowthroat

What I found the most attractive, however, was a juvenile Little Blue Heron. I am always amazed by how they look almost like chalk drawings along the shoreline.

Little Blue Heron

Not much out today but it was a nice spin around the lake. Tomorrow I plan on a trip to a nearby haunt I have not been to in a while. Hope some migrants are still left to find.

No comments: