Thursday, May 03, 2012

Barred Owls and Tufted Titmouse

All three owls (I am giving up hope on the other baby as I still have not seen it and Dad is hanging out more) were low in the oaks this morning as I got the youngest to school. Had to take a couple snaps. The sunlight was trying to peak through but not enough.

Barred Owl

Dad flew off but Mom was holding close and preening one branch away.

Barred Owl

I got to work and let the computer do the work while I headed out for a quick walk near the woods. Not much moving this morning. Out on the field there was also nothing. Suddenly, I heard a familiar sound back in the Ear Trees on the tree line. A single Tufted Titmouse was calling and foraging.

Tufted Titmouse

It looked me over for a minute and then continued to feed. Gave me some nice close poses.

Tufted Titmouse

I especially like this one. Nice and close and unafraid.

Tufted Titmouse

It eventually moved higher in the branches but paused for a few more seconds to give out some high-pitched calls before heading back into the woods.

Tufted Titmouse

Even our local birds can enchant on any morning walk. Just keep paying attention.

No comments: