Saturday, May 18, 2013

Fledgling Killdeer

Two days of jury duty. At least I didn't make the cut. However, I did have to go into the work to see what I could get caught up on. First, I always need to check the water for anything of interest. The alligator is back. Not much else.

I turned around in the parking lot to head back to work when something caught my attention. Killdeer were down in the creek that delivers water to the pond. Even better, one of them was a recently fledged chick!

Killdeer

The adults were only a short distance away and keeping watch.

Killdeer

The young Killdeer is growing quickly and I have found some even younger in the past but it is always nice to find data for the BBA.

Killdeer

Time to clock in. Maybe I will check back if I am not working into the night.

No comments: