Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Green Heron Youngster

With a break in the weather in sight I headed over to the wetlands again to search for the Black-crowned Night Herons. They would elude me again but I did spot a shape overlooking the smaller pond. I flanked around to see if I could get in some better light for shots of this young Green Heron.

Green Heron

It stayed very calm the entire time. It was actually more interested in the flock of Fish Crows that were flying in and out of the top of the tree that it was sitting in.

Green Heron

Every now and then it would glance up at the ruckus and gaze at the crows as they flew off. This went on for quite some time.

Green Heron

So long that I grabbed a couple more shots and headed off in search of other birds, leaving our Green Heron to watch the crows some more before staring back out at the water.

Green Heron

Nice to see one of the babies from earlier in the year getting so grown up.

No comments: