Saturday, June 23, 2012

Debby Approaches. Spoonbills Relax.

Not long after Air Force One zoomed past yesterday afternoon, Tropical Storm Debby began flexing some more moisture-laden muscles. I left work in increasing sprinkles before dark but still drove down to check on any new birding finds. Good thing I did.

Continuing my slew of Spoonbill sightings for the year, two more were in the creek that feeds the pond at the end of Kingspointe Parkway. These are different birds from the one I reported the other day. One is heading into adulthood and the other is definitely fully adult as told by the bald head.

Roseate Spoonbill

I love the way the rain adds to the feel that the dark red on the adult feathers seems to create a dripping effect. Now, I just need to hope that we get a break in the clouds tomorrow. Jay Watch is scheduled for the weekend and this storm is only growing stronger...

No comments: