Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Evening Warblers

I had a very few minutes to scan the trees before our youngest's Open House up the road. Not a good thing since the trees were full of warblers. Dang!

Once I noticed a number of birds right away I stepped out and tried to get some shots when I could. It was still overcast and getting late in the day some the lighting was not the best. Still, you can't really miss a bright patch of color like you find on a Yellow-throated Warbler darting through the branches.

Yellow-throated Warbler

Behind me was another bright yellow bird. An aptly named Yellow Warbler was busily feeding, too.

Yellow Warbler

Harder to see in the gloom were the few Black and White Warblers inching their way around the trees.

Black and White Warbler

There were a few Black and White Warblers. I always forget how frustrating it is to get shots of warblers through all the branches.

Black and White Warbler

There were many other warbler species but I was out of time to try for photos. I used my remaining few minutes to make sure I at least got IDs. Other warblers above me were Common Yellowthroat, Black-throated Blue Warbler, Blackburnian Warbler, American Redstart, Northern Parula, and Prairie Warbler. Whew! Hopefully they will stick around for when there is better light and more time.

No comments: