Sunday, April 19, 2009

Rose-breasted Grosbeak

Wow!

A couple of things outside along with the House Finches today. The first good shot was a Common Grackle scarfing down a few sunflower seeds before heading off.

Common Grackle

Just a bit later I was stopped straight in my tracks by the bright bird I caught in my sights. A Rose-breasted Grosbeak was sitting all comfortably on the wife's sunflower feeder. Sweet!

Rose-breasted Grosbeak

Only 3 Rose-breasted Grosbeaks have been seen in our yard over the years and they always show up around the same exact day.

I snapped away like crazy and got a shot of the bird with a House Finch trying to ignore the transient visitor. My favorite shot.

Rose-breasted Grosbeak

What other treats await us this migration season? Stay tuned...

No comments: