Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Indigo Bunting Taunts Me

I hear it nearly everyday. I had thought it flew off last week but it still here. However, that darned bird keeps taunting me with crummy shots. If it is ever in the clear it takes off as soon as I step outside. So, all I am left with are bad shots through the kitchen window.

Today, it feed below the feeder in the shade.

Indigo Bunting

My hope is to get one clear shot in the backyard. Been using taped calls to try and lure it closer to no avail.

Indigo Bunting

I figure there won't be too many more chances to get it in a good spot before it takes off but I try to enjoy the fact that it is even here in the first place.

Indigo Bunting

I can still hear it buzzing now.

Meanwhile, back at Lake Davis...

Poppa Killdeer takes a turn at protecting the eggs.

Killdeer

There are also a few Black-necked Stilts along the shoreline.

Black-necked Stilt

The Solitary Sandpiper is still around near the Killdeer nest.

Solitary Sandpiper

Back home, a Blue Jay checks out the feeders.

Blue Jay

Many Warblers are flying through but I haven't managed any good shots of them as they are staying well up in the canopy.

No comments: