Monday, October 01, 2012

Swainson's Thrush and Friends

Hopped over to Mead after our banding session. It was fairly quiet at Lake Lotus so I wanted to see if the conditions were the same across town. Pretty much.

Down by the creek I did find a Great Egret posing nicely on the Cypress tree.

Great Egret

Things were slow all the way around the gardens. I headed out on the boardwalk and could barely hear anything moving about. The only movement I found was a Bird Grasshopper along the railing.

Bird Grasshopper

On the way out of the area I swung by the amphitheater for one more look. As I arrived I could see some Red-eyed Vireos flying out of the Virginia Creeper berries so I look for other birds there. Luckily, a Swainson's Thrush popped up out of the Camphor trees and looked over the grounds.

Swainson's Thrush

Glad I stopped there. This is a pretty good look at a Swainson's as they are either way up in the trees eating berries or hiding in the underbrush.

Swainson's Thrush

A little reward on a quiet afternoon. Seems like there are more Swainson's Thrushes around this Fall than last. Nice.

No comments: