Friday, October 12, 2012

Fairly Quiet

One would think that with the fronts clearing that we would see a lot more birds around this place. Instead, the winds are so favorable that most migrants seem to making a mad dash straight past us and toward their Winter hangouts.

So, I took a couple lunch breaks to walk around the area. Not much outside except for the locals. I did find a few Catbirds On Thursday, but other than that... At least I could chat with a Northern Mockingbird for a few minutes. It was in the invasive Brazilian Pepper in the spoil area. I will be interested to see if the other birds swarm in after the berries mature.

Northern Mockingbird

There is one dead pine along my path and a Red-bellied Woodpecker was busy gathering acorns for the Winter and trying to find a spot to store them. Always interesting to watch.

Red-bellied Woodpecker

Sigh. Back to work. Almost as slow in there as it is out here...

No comments: