Saturday, July 21, 2012

Turkey (and Spoonbill) Surprise

Leaving late from work but there was still enough light for a quick check of the ponds and creek around the corner. I was pleasantly surprised! Down in the creek area I noticed some Spoonbills in the creek near the bank.

Roseate Spoonbill

I swung through the parking lot to get a better angle and was met with another surprise. A small flock of Wild Turkey were pulling seeds from the grasses under the power line towers.

Turkey

Back near the creek, I took a few more Spoonbill shots. I have plenty these days but I love to get documentations of any birds, especially ones that are seldom seen here.

Roseate Spoonbill

Just past the creek on the way out I noticed yet another Turkey heading toward the other parking lot. Brings the total to four for tonight. Nice!

Turkey

Glad I took the long way towards home. Again.

No comments: