Friday, July 06, 2012

Closer Swallow-tailed Kite

A couple new Swallow-tailed Kite observations today. The first bird in the morning was swooping low as I grabbed the camera and was fading into the distance as I walked outside. I can still tell that it is carrying a chick for breakfast.

Swallow-tailed Kite

A short time later, a second Swallow-tailed Kite glided in and was making dives on the other side of the building. Looked like it was trying for some prey just out of my sight. It came away empty but provided a nice close shot.

Swallow-tailed Kite

A few minutes later the bird took me by surprise by appearing over the building in an arc and flew right overhead! All I could do was aim and shoot as it buzzed past and out of sight.

Swallow-tailed Kite

These Kites begin preparations for their journey South soon. I will miss them. Though, warblers will be on the way to take their place.

No comments: