Thursday, April 15, 2010

BirdCam Motion and Optics

I usually scan through the hundreds of BirdCam images an weed them down to a dozen or so that I actually like. Too many squirrel and Mourning Dove backs and such. There are also a few images that one might not consider great but they keep drawing my eye back to them. Usually they are images showing birds in motion or some interesting lighting situation.

So, I will throw a few out here.

First up, a flock of American Goldfinches jockey for space at the thistle feeder.

American Goldfinch

Just recently, the House Finches have started to return in numbers. Baby Finches will soon be swarming the feeders but for now the parents are diving in for a meal.

House Finch

Besides the blurs, I have moved the cam so it faces the rising Sun but I didn't expect the rays that occur when birds arrive just after dawn.

Mourning Dove

Of course, once the Sun gets over the noon zenith, I can still enjoy a few regular shots. Just threw this one in since I dig Cardinals.

Northern Cardinal

I will keep sorting images and will post some of the more 'artistic' ones that stand out as we move along.

No comments: