Saturday, May 02, 2015

Baby Birds are Here

I was heading out to the store and heard the familiar calls of fledgling Northern Cardinals. Glancing out the front window I could see 2 young birds but the adult male was also heading to the ground feeding another one. Three babies out there this year! I tried to get a shot through the screen but the sun being where it was made for a difficult exposure.

Northern Cardinal

I had to slip out the front door and try for a better angle but the babies retreated deeper into the foliage while Dad continued to gather seeds to feed the kids.

Northern Cardinal

Waiting above me for a turn at the sunflower seed was an adult Tutfted Titmouse. I have been hearing juveniles of that species out here, too.

Tutfted Titmouse

No time to try for more shots. Next time.

No comments: