Sunday, March 09, 2014

Barber Park While Waiting

Our oldest had a practice session near Barber Park and instead of driving back and forth too much I decided to search any close water ways. However, there is not much in the way of lakes to cruise in this area. I did spot some Shrikes up along the road so I tried to get some shots there but they flew off before I could get in position. I had to settle for a Western Palm Warbler in bad light.

Western Palm Warbler

I circled the small pond in the park looking for birds. A Gray Squirrel was playing hide and seek. I won.

Gray Squirrel

In the pond, a Slider kept a careful lookout for trouble.

Turtle

The only birds besides the resident Mallards was a flock of Ring-billed Gulls.

Ring-billed Gull

I searched the entire group hoping there might be a different gull in there. Nope. All Ring-bills.

Ring-billed Gull

Time to go. Better than nothing, I guess.

No comments: