Monday, August 15, 2011

One More Visit to Lake Davis

One more chance to get use to the rental lens before the Alaska cruise so I head back to Lake Davis. As soon as I arrived, Momma Mallard brought the young ones up for a rest and feeding.

Mallard

Out in the lake, some older Mallards watched me with care.

Mallard

A few Wood Duck chicks drifted by just off shore.

Wood Duck

Then an older one slid into view. Love the feathers.

Wood Duck

I worked the shoreline to find more birds and had a nice White Ibis wander close to me.

White Ibis

Introduced years ago, the Chinese Geese have been hanging out in the same spot for the past few months. They are quite obvious as they start honking and advancing toward anyone who strays too long.

Chinese Goose

Just above the geese was an Anhinga in the Cypress tree.

Anhinga

Then we headed off to the other side of the country for our excellent adventure. You know what happened there.

No comments: