Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Miss Me? I'm Back.

Back, but tired. Just got in from the airport just after 1 AM. We just spent a while on a ship heading through Southeast Alaska and then hung out with some family near Seattle. Good news. I got some more Life birds!

However, it will be a while longer before I post them. It will have to be in small enough doses. I haven't done an official count but I have taken around...oh...2,200 photos on this trip. You can imagine that I need some processing time, time to verify IDs of some birds I don't really know, picking out the best, etc.

My last trip to the Northwest 5 years ago yielded months of blog posts. Now I have more firepower so I will have to edit myself. Promise it will be fun. Hopefully, I can start posting in a couple days. Still loose ends to tie up, things to unpack, kids to catch up with (they had a week around Yellowstone and I will have their shots to process, too!), and a cat to apologize to. So far he seems happy to see us.

First, sleep...but Alaska was cool. Not literally, we actually had great weather and a few days into the mid-70s!

No comments: