Tuesday, June 21, 2011

More Birds at Lake Davis

Back to look for that Bittern. Just catching up on these photos since we has so many things to do before an adventure in a while.

So, I did see the Bittern as it flew in right past me but, again, it flew to the far side of the reeds. Sigh. Oh, well. Baby ducks still amuse. The Mallard family actually swam right to me as I got to the shoreline.

Mallard

The juvenile male Wood Ducks also decided to visit me. They are looking so handsome.

Wood Duck

"Hey, what is with the big eye staring at us?"

Wood Duck

To my left a Common Moorhen drifted in for a break in feeding.

Common Moorhen

It was fun to watch as it preened and splashed around in the water.

Common Moorhen

Time for a big splash!

Common Moorhen

Over where the Bittern has been hiding, a family of Boat-tailed Grackles chatter and sometimes the juvenile fly out for a look around.

Boat-tailed Grackle

I might get back down for another look before we deal with our other plans. However, don't expect a new post until the first of the month. Then, get ready for a major set of fun shots if all goes as planned!

No comments: