Saturday, May 10, 2014

Baby Barred Owls Have Made the Move

It has been a while since I spotted the baby Barred Owls around the house. In fact, I hadn't seen or heard them in the couple days before I posted about Papa Owl by the deck a few days ago. Luckily, I have nearby neighbors that report bird sightings and it seems that the babies moved to the Greenwood Wetlands not long ago and have been documenting it.

A new friend I have made is Jennifer Gwynne Oliver who has been seeing the owls at dusk and beyond. Here is one of our owls on the bridge to the wetlands.

Barred Owl

Nice having some others reporting on the progress of the babies. They seem to be doing well. Just wished they hadn't moved off so quickly this year. Now I need to make a trip out there for myself when I can.

No comments: