Sunday, March 31, 2013

The Lakes and Spotting Baby Barred Owl

I swung by Lake Lancaster in the morning so I could hopefully get some better shots of the Solitary Sandpiper in daylight. Yep. Still in the same place as the night before.

Solitary Sandpiper

Nearby, a Tricolored Heron was hopping around trying for minnows.

Tricolored Heron

A high-pitched whistling alerted me to incoming Cedar Waxwings. The flock zoomed past and headed out over the main part of the lake.

Cedar Waxwing

Back at home I remembered to go out back and check the nest tree. The adult Barred Owls have been getting more and more vocal and for good reason. I can finally see a tiny head peering out of the nest. Yay!

Barred Owl

It won't be long before I start hearing the wheezing call of our new owl. Maybe they will stay around the house for a while like they did last year.

No comments: