Tuesday, January 15, 2013

American White Pelicans

I am always amazed by how many birds I see just sitting in this industrial park and occasionally glancing out of the window. Today I could easily spot some large birds soaring in my direction. I grabbed the camera and stepped outside.

American White Pelican

I guessed correctly. They were American White Pelicans. Only seven but still hard to miss. However, even larger flocks are hard to notice as they routinely travel very high in the sky. This group was nice and low.

American White Pelican

Right at New Year's there were a few of these birds in downtown Orlando and I posted about the one that visited the lake near our house about a year ago but they are fairly rare this far inland. I got one more shot as they quickly passed overhead.

American White Pelican

Back to work!

The Great Backyard Bird Count for 2013 is February 15-18th.
Click the icon to learn more!

Great Backyard Bird Count


No comments: