Sunday, August 05, 2012

Muscovy Parade

We completed our first dat back at the banding site today and I headed around the local lakes on the way home. Nothing much out there at the moment so I was pleasantly surprised to round a curve and spy a colorful parade headed my way.

Muscovy Duck

Mama Muscovy Duck was leading her newest brood from Lake Emerald toward Lake Weldona. They ran out of side walk along the way and had to jump the curb and make their way down the street.

Muscovy Duck

I stopped far enough away so as not to interrupt their stride but Mama still had to give me a checking out just in case.

Muscovy Duck

Muscovy ducklings are some of the cutest out there. Then, they get a bit more homely as they grow up. Some folks feel that way, anyway.

Muscovy Duck

Muscovy, Wood Duck, and Mallards have all had 2nd broods this year. Ducklings can be found in every lake and pond around. No complaints!

No comments: