Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Backyard Quickies

Ah, August. How I have neglected you. For my usual followers and others, I have been remiss on getting the August posts going. So, for those of you that get reminders, you may be getting more than one a day as I play catch-up.

Been getting things ready at the banding site and just have been too distracted. Still recording birds but not being able to post them quickly is a pain. I should be up to speed shortly before migration gets too crazy.

SO! Just a couple birds from the beginning of the month.

I sat out back for just a brief time this day. All the baby Cardinals were about and I really like this shot of one trying to hide between the branches.

Northern Cardinal

The squirrels broke the last small feeder out back so I found a new one. This one is interesting. A double stacker. Should be a hit with the smaller birds in the Fall. For now, the Red-winged Blackbirds like it and are stopping by more and more. Got a shot of Mom and Dad at the same time today.

Red-winged Blackbird

A lot more sightings to catch up on! Stay tuned!! We start banding up the road and I will make a link to the banding site along the way.

No comments: