Saturday, August 04, 2012

Checking the Banding Site

I decided to take a walk through the banding site today to make sure it was in good enough shape for the grand re-opening tomorrow. Yep. Looks good. Not a lot of birds around right now but still a couple to catch my attention.

I was hoping the flock of Titmice and Chickadees would come out for a picture but they stayed in the trees across the river. I had to settle with the company of a Great-crested Flycatcher. I wanted a more direct angle but I guess this one is not too bad.

Great-crested Flycatcher

A Pileated Woodpecker flew in to join the party, searching along the branches before flying off into the park.

Pileated Woodpecker

Of course, there are always plenty of butterflies around. I have a lot of photos of White Peacocks but how can you resist their excellent color scheme for just one more?

White Peacock

In the morning, dark in the morning, we begin our 5th Session of banding at Lake Lotus. I will put links to those findings when they are warranted. Hoping for a great year.

No comments: