Friday, September 03, 2010

Sign of Fall

Stifling heat has been with us far too long. Seems at times that the cooler weather will never get here soon enough. But I decided to take a quick walk though part of Mead Garden just to check since we did find the Prothonotary Warbler on the last count. Maybe it was still around.

It wasn't. However, there was a new bird hiding in the thick growth of palm trees near the creek. Almost too dark to get any good shots but I thought I would share my bad shot anyway.

Hooded Warbler

A Hooded Warbler! I always watch for the yellow this time of year. It is a reminder that migration is happening and Fall really, is right around the corner.

Maybe the warbler was staying in the dark for good reason. Cooper's Hawks were on the prowl all over the park and staying very quiet.

Cooper's Hawk

Hurry up Fall!

No comments: