Sunday, September 05, 2010

New Cam Location

In hopes of avoiding some squirrels I decided to move the cam from the tray feeder and bring out one of our older feeders. This feeder has a smaller ledge so it should also cut down on the billion dove shots. Hoping to get some sparrow shots once they start migrating through in the Fall.

First order of business is always to measure out the distance of the cam from the feeder. There are different setting on the cam that tells it how far out to focus. I choose the closest setting of 17-23 inches.

Setting Focus

Our first visitor was a nice looking Blue Jay. I really wasn't expecting that but it is fine by me.

Blue Jay

Of course the Cardinals found it a nice feeding spot right away, too. All members of this family ended up having their pictures taken and I am sure they will continue to swing by. I will post some of them as they come through but this is a quick post.

Northern Cardinal

I am not getting as many shots as I was at the tray feeder but the majority of them are keepers. At the tray feeder I was tossing out hundreds of squirrels, doves, and blurry images from things jumping on and off of it. So, we shall see how things go in this spot.

1 comment:

Jimmy Whittaker said...

Hi Andrew.
I have not been able to find your e-mail address can you please send me it.
I am very interested in spending some time at the banding station.
My e-mail addy is:

Dr.James.Whittaker@gmail.com
With Best Wishes

Jimmy