Saturday, March 06, 2010

Northern Cardinals on Webcam

As the Mourning Doves tend to hog the feeders from time to time it is a real joy to get some new images of other birds that aren't just their backs or of them flying off as the doves approach. Here are a few of my favorite Northern Cardinals images. At least I finally got the focal length thing down!

I LOVE this shot of our female Cardinal looking up to make sure the coast is clear. You can tell the dove have been squatting there all week since the feeder is nearly empty.

Northern Cardinal

Later that day, her mate joined her for a snack. It should be time to be building a nest right now and I hope it is nearby again as in the past.

Northern Cardinal

Years ago, a pair of Cardinals built a nest right outside our kitchen window and I got a lot of good shots of the chicks right before they fledged. Those images are still on my original site here.

Meanwhile, back at the webcam, another appearance by the female.

Northern Cardinal

Can't wait for new images as I move the cam from site to site starting tomorrow.

No comments: