Wednesday, March 10, 2010

BirdCam at the Bath

I had been noticing that every now and then I see a few birds at the back bird back. Sometimes something unexpected. So, I figured I might as well try to see what we could see using the BirdCam. I didn't get the Goldfinches or Bunting as I had hoped but I do like these two shots.

Mourning Doves generally come down to drink here and then bathe (and then drink again-yuck?) individually, but I have never seen this kind of cozy scene. Cute.

Mourning Dove

I did get one of the birds I was hoping for. Our lurking Gray Catbird ventures out rarely to drink and bathe before diving back into the bushes. And, yes, I cleaned the bowl right after this. Danged algae...

Gray Catbird

Since a couple of days trying here didn't get me too much in the way of images I like, perhaps I will move on to the other bird bath on the deck.

No comments: