Saturday, June 20, 2009

Cruising the Viera Wetlands, Part 4

To wrap up the Viera trip I will include a few extra shots of birds and last minute snaps.

There was another Moorhen family hanging to the edges of the cells with even younger chicks in tow.

Common Moorhen

The Boat-tailed Grackles were browsing the edges of almost every cell but they really seemed to like the lily pads.

Boat-tailed Grackle

However, they also hung out in the reeds.

Boat-tailed Grackle

We were wrapping up our tour of the wetlands so I decided to make the most of my IS lens test and jumped out of the car to get some test shots of other things besides birds. Since I was close to the Grackles and lilies, why not?

Lily

I didn't even notice until I got home and looked at the shots that this excellent metallic green bee was in one shot. By the way, if you drag these images to your desktop you will be able to view the images at twice the size seen here.

Lily

I was really impressed with the result from the IS with this Duck Potato flower.

Duck Potato

Finally, time to chase dragonflies! There were skittish versions in blue...

Dragonfly

...and red!

Dragonfly

Despite the copious swarms of bugs, we had a great time and came home with a bunch of great photos. Next trip will be in the Winter when the mosquitoes are few and the ducks are plentiful.

No comments: