Sunday, December 06, 2015

The Latest Atlas V Launch

The latest Atlas V launch was delayed a couple of time due to high winds in the area but today it got off the ground around 4:30 PM. I had stopped at a good viewing spot at the first launch window but nothing happened so I moved on toward the store. As I approached the parking lot I saw it begin to rise between the clouds. I had to quickly park and yank the camera out to get a couple of quick shots.

Atlas V

Funniest part was that a woman was walking out of the store and paused thinking was trying to take her photograph. I had to point to the sky and say I had other intensions.

Glad to see a successful launch after the failure in October. More launches planned soon up and down the coast including the next Space X relanding attempt in a couple of weeks.

No comments: