Saturday, March 07, 2015

On a Breezy Saturday

Drove out early this windy morning to clear my stuffy nose. It was gray and a bit chilly but just enough to wake me up quickly. I headed to Lake Cherokee first and quickly spot white spots circling over the wavy water. One bird was a Bonaparte's Gull. Don't often see them around here.

Bonaparte's Gull

Flying around with it was a Forster's Tern. We do see a few of them every Winter but nice to see both of these in one morning.

Forster's Tern

Nothing of note on neighboring Lake Davis or the other lakes so I ended my spin by heading through the cemetery. Finally, the eagles were around this time. As I got in focus Momma began calling as something passed overhead.

Bald Eagle

Ah, it was Poppa on his way to the roost tree with no food.

Bald Eagle

He seemed to be listening to instructions from the nest for a minute.

Bald Eagle

Message understood. Back off into the sky to pick up breakfast.

Bald Eagle

Meanwhile, Momma sat patiently. We should be seeing chicks in the not too distant future.

Bald Eagle

At least I got to see them for once. They are always away when I come by. But since we probably have eggs or newly hatched birds there it should be a lot busier.

No comments: