Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Atlas V

This work thing is really cramping my birding! However, there have been some interesting flying things to see at night. It is set to be a busy year for launches but my problem is the cloud cover between here and the coast. As launch time approached I was watching a low bank of clouds that were not building too much. But I could also tell that fog was beginning to form around the city.

Just after 8 PM I could see the glow of the initial firing of the engines. The Atlas V is not as big as the shuttles were but this is a huge rocket. I began shooting photos throughout the launch until I couldn't see it anymore but I like the first frame the best. You can see the shadow of the rocket again the fog as it gets higher in the sky.

Atlas V

First launch of the year with many more to come. I'm ready.

No comments: