Saturday, November 19, 2011

Long-tailed Duck

I headed home near dark after a Saturday at work. I circled Lake Davis and tried to get a count of the Ring-necked Ducks and to see if I could spot a duck I couldn't quite make out as I headed in earlier in the day. It was still there, visible as lighter than the Ring-neckeds, but I still wasn't completely sure I was seeing what I thought I was. Could it be? Nah...

Long-tailed Duck

I kept trying to any shots that I could get before the dark completely descended. Doesn't help that my auto-focus is busted, too.

Long-tailed Duck

I held my thoughts to myself and rushed home to post to the birding list to get thoughts from the collective. The response was nearly unanimous...

Long-tailed Duck

Our little neighborhood lake had another rarity in the middle of downtown Orlando. A Long-tailed Duck!

Long-tailed Duck

I bet it is a madhouse out there in the morning...

No comments: