Thursday, October 06, 2011

Bald Eagles on the Nest

Been a while since I posted here but I have been posting at my other blog about our banding efforts just to the North. After dropping the youngest at school, I headed back over to Greenwood Cemetery to see what might be around. Palm Warblers are back in the area and it is great to start hearing them chip as they move through the trees. Seems they are sticking near the lakes and I found a new Pied-billed Grebe so the ducks should be moving in soon. Fall is here.

I was also pleasently surprised to find that the Bald Eagles were actually on the nest today. They seemed to be eating a fish up there. Before I could get a group shot, one of the birds flew off but they were both there tending the sticks between bites of breakfast. The other bird is actually tucked down behind the nest edge.

Bald Eagle

Here is a closer view of the remaining eagle. A nice find on the way home.

Bald Eagle

Shouldn't be too long before we start seeing the next brood!

No comments: