Monday, January 18, 2010

A Couple of Backyard Birds

After the exciting Robin experience (see below) I headed back into the house to get some more chores done. Soon, however, I heard a loud racket out back. The Titmice were going crazy! What could be out there? Grabbing the camera, I ran out and slowly made my way around the greenhouse to peek at what could be causing the commotion.

Snake? Hawk? Who knows. I never found the subject of ire. I did find a Titmouse in the Mulberry tree, though.

Tufted Titmouse

Their calls of distress also brought along several other species such as Yellow-rumped Warblers, Carolina Wrens, Gnatcatchers, and a large group of Palm Warblers. Once the threat seemed to have vanished, the warblers stuck around to feed in the remaining Beauty Berries.

Western Palm Warbler

I enjoy having a few minutes to spend with the Palm Warblers. Very common this time of year but always fun to observe.

Western Palm Warbler

Now I wait for more Goldfinches to arrive and to get more shots of them with the BirdCam.

3 comments:

Kaylie said...

What lovely photos.

J. Andrew Boyle said...

Thanks, Kaylie!

Now I have to get updated with more!

Sharon said...

Have just come across your blog - photos are gorgeous!
Love the Titmouse, I've been trying to think of what our equivalent bird would be but can't think of one!