Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanks For the Parent's House

Stopped by the parent's house after Thanksgiving for a visit and it turned into a good move. Especially after getting a new bird I have been searching for over the past 2 years.

I was reading the paper early in the morning and noticed just a few Mourning Doves at the feeders. A bit later I had a feeling that I should look toward the feeders again and there was a small tail sticking out from the feeder. Just a House Sparrow but other birds were moving about in the shrubs.

First a Cardinal but then a Titmouse. Then a Palm Warbler. Then something else. A House Finch. This shot is through the back window with a screen but a good document for their house.

House Finch

Filling the birdbath seems to be paying off.

Next sighting was a Carolina Chickadee. Not common in this area but they are moving their range southward. I got a shot of it out front a bit later.

Carolina Chickadee

An easy way to find any present Chickadees is by following the sounds of the Tufted Titmice which were gleaning from the shrubs and holly trees. Then moving on to the feeders.

Tufted Titmouse

Best find, though, was a single Pine Siskin hanging out with the Goldfinches that arrived with the feeding flock. No photos but a Life Bird for me. I have been trying to find one for years and there it was in the backyard 100 miles from my house.

Thankful for that, at least.

No comments: