Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Another Year, Another Say's Sighting

We now have records of the Say's Phoebe for 3 years straight. Technically a Western bird, this individual has been showing up for at least the past 3 years at the same field. Someday I hope to arrive when it is near the road. Every time I get there it is halfway out in the the field on the midway fence.

Always looks like this.

Say's Phoebe

Doesn't help that I always seem to get out there during rainy or excessively overcast days. One day I might show up when it is able to fly more freely. Especially, considering the heavy Kestrel occupation.

So, I headed out toward home by way of Lust Road to see if anything was happening there. Like Ranch Road, many, many Kestrels. I just wish that they were not so skittish. I barely got this shot.

American Kestrel

The only bird not paying attention to the Kestrels were the many Loggerhead Shrikes. This shot is actually through the side window in the gloom.

Loggerhead Shrike

One more bird before the toll road. I found 2 Western Kingbirds up on the wires along Harmon Road. One stayed long enough for a shot.

Western Kindbird

More Winter birds to arrive. Can't wait!

No comments: