Tuesday, December 29, 2009

New Bird Cam

Got a couple of fun Christmas presents this year. First was the Plant Cam from my wife which I will be using to record different plants as Spring gets closer. The other was the BirdCam which I am testing right now. The first test was setting it outside at the parent's house. I tried the bird bath first but that was quiet so I moved it to the ground under the other feeder.

Not a bad result with all of the activity at one point.

Webcam One

This is a crop of that image showing the House Sparrows.

Webcam Crop

Then I moved it back to the bird bath and captured a shot of the Blue Jay and Grackle.

Webcam Two

Back home, I set up facing the tray feeder. Got some good shots of the Mourning Doves but often got too many shots of the raiding squirrels.

Webcam Three

The only fun part of the squirrels is when they jump off and make the tray feeder spin. Makes for interesting images.

Webcam Spin

However, I want to get birds in these shots so I will have to change my position for the cam. More post from this cam to follow.

No comments: