Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Tennessee Warbler

I was busy filling the feeders before I woke the boys for school. It was just getting light and I noticed some movement in the Beauty Berry bush out back. The Mockingbirds have been there lately but this seemed smaller.

I ran back in for the camera and got a few not-so-great shots to make an ID when I had time. After looking through them I was still a bit stumped so I emailed some friends and they all came to the same conclusion.

I had a new Yard Bird. A Tennessee Warbler!

Tennessee Warbler

It seemed to be picking off bugs from the branches rather than actually feeding on the berries.

Tennessee Warbler

One last try before it ducks into the foliage.

Tennessee Warbler

Soon after I got those poor shots I noticed several other birds joining the model subject. More Tennessee Warblers. They all flew off together and I did not see anymore afterward. So much for hoping for clearer shots but a nice way to start the day.

No comments: