Sunday, May 03, 2009

Green-winged Teal Still Around

My youngest boy decided he want to take a scooter ride around Lake Davis. Right when the temps began to hit 90. Sigh.

Oh, well. Think of the boy. Plus, he knows I am going to drag the camera along so, let's go.

Not a lot out right now as migration winds down but I did want to count some shorebirds and see if the Green-winged Teal might still be around. A pair of Lesser Yellowlegs are still there making this the longest that shorebirds have stuck here. I am sure that the low lake level is contributing to it, somewhat.

We were almost all the way around when I, indeed, spotted the teal. I like how the light shifts and sometimes makes the green patch on the wing appear blue.

Green-winged Teal

She really is a pretty thing.

Green-winged Teal

Here you can see the green really well.

Green-winged Teal

The lady who lives across the street threw out some corn but no other ducks really seemed interested. Even though the teal appeared to nibble, she was more interested in shifting things from the mud.

Green-winged Teal

Check out one of the many Mallard ducklings. Really growing fast!

Mallard

Then this little one decided to leave the water and walk right up to me.

Mallard

An all-around 'ducky' little stroll.

No comments: