Friday, June 06, 2008

Peach-faced Lovebirds

There were reports today of some 'new' birds not far from the house. I put new in quotes because they were actually reported 2 years earlier but never relocated by anyone. Even me.

But there they were. Peach-faced Lovebirds.

Peach-faced Lovebirds

This time, they were noisy and easy to find. Better yet, they appear to have hatched some chicks this year after using the rocks on the side of a business building as nest holes.

Peach-faced Lovebirds

I will have to keep some notes into the future.

2 comments:

Amila Salgado said...

Would that be a start of a new breeding population? It would be sort of bad for the resident birds..don't you think?

J. Andrew Boyle said...

Hey,

I think they pretty established. I hear them everytime I pass that location now.

Other local birds don't seem too displaced. In fact, House Sparrows are breeding in holes right next to them.

We shall see...