Saturday, January 28, 2017

We Have Chicks!

It was a gloomy lake check today with not a lot of Wintering birds to be seen. Not many in all of mile 8 mile loop. Time to head by the cemetery before getting back home. I had yet to see much activity at the Bald Eagle nest but I only get a brief window to peek in at them these days. I didn't have a lot of expectation. It should just be another quick drive through. But...

We have chicks!

Bald Eagle

Mom was busy tearing off chunks of breakfast and handing it off to the new arrivals.

Bald Eagle

I could only see one chick at first and it soon seemed to turn my way. Hi!

Bald Eagle

Then the second chick could be seen trying to stand right next to the first baby

Bald Eagle

"Enough play time! Eat your fish."

Bald Eagle

Nice to have new eaglets in the neighborhood after last year's bust. Now just have to sit back and watch them grow. It won't be long before they are flying off on their own.

No comments: