Friday, February 19, 2010

Some Surprise BirdCam Shots in a New Location

A while ago I noticed a nice little bird out by the frog-themed tray feeder. An Indigo Bunting. That was what promted me to try the BirdCam over there in the first place. Hoped to get it. No luck as the dove dominate.

Then I noticed the Bunting by the kitchen window. So, I moved the cam over there. More doves. However, today a dove seems like someone else approaches.

Mourning Dove

I waded through the 598 shots from the day. Dove, dove, dove, two doves, dove...boring. Wait! Is there some speck on this image? Need to zoom in.

Mourning Dove

Amazing! That speck turns out to be the Bunting! Success! Not where I wanted it but the doves wouldn't budge and the Bunting gave up after a few more frames and moved back into the bushes.

Indigo Bunting

The doves did leave later in the day making room for a couple other species. Like the Blue Jays.

Blue Jay

Then the quick stop by one of our resident Carolina Wrens.

Carolina Wren

Still, these dove images are all looking the same.

No comments: