Saturday, July 19, 2008

Playing (with) Possum

I was looking out of the kitchen window to see what might be at the feeders. House Finch? Mourning Dove? Cardinal?

Nope. Possum.

It was a fairly small possum and it was climbing pretty quickly up the tree just outside. What is a boy with a camera to do? Head outside, of course!

Possum

Just stared at me, it did. Stared and dripped snot from that extra wet nose.

Possum

I felt for sure that it was going to just drop out of the tree and land on me and start going for my throat. I mean look at those fangs!

Possum

No high adventure today. It just stared. I was moving to get a better view when I glanced behind me. There was Mom!

Possum

She was creeping through the fence from the backyard. Seemed to be tracking junior by scent. Once she figured out I was there (possums have poor eyesight) she took off under the house.

I left the little one be and headed inside. It was gone before long. Sure I will see it again in the near future.

No comments: