Sunday, July 26, 2015

Mead Garden Walkthrough

It had been a long time since I had a chance to drop in at Mead Botanical Gardens so it was time for a stroll. It was not too bird since we are deep into July but the first bird to greet me was a juvenile Northern Mockingbird.

Northern Mockingbird

Over in the newly installed rocky area behind the new amphitheater a turtle basked in the morning sunshine.

Turtle

How long has it been since I have been here? Long enough for them to build a giant pond and build a restored section to the boardwalk. And no one who knows me and is alway here tells me this?!?

Boardwalk

The section from the Butterfly Garden all the way to the marshy area has been redone. The new section is wide enough for wheelchairs to comfortably pass through but is narrows to the old section pretty quickly.

Boardwalk

Since I was not seeing many birds I decided I would head back to the car. By the time I made it to the main pond I spotted a Swallow-tailed Kite having a snack high above me.

Swallow-tailed Kite

Finally, I spotted one of the resident Barred Owls up in the palm trees before I exited the gardens.

Barred Owl

Hoping that that newly built boardwalk section is a hint of things to come. I miss the old boardwalk very much.

No comments: